Its not too late to wish, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2018 Artwork Achievement - Painting With Acrylic & Oil Paints - SKILL UNLOCKED!

My first post for 2019. The last time I put an entry was 13th October 2018. Wow! That was 3 months ago. 

It is still not too late to wish Happy New Year everyone! Hahaha. What is your resolution for this year? Or do you have any plan? Specific goal? Your aim? 

Well, I have a lot of input about this one. I am not sure where to begin, but let me just talk about the most recent event. 

I already set up an account on Etsy. What is Etsy? Well, according to Wikipedia, 


Etsy is an e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies, as well as unique factory-manufactured items. These items cover a wide range, including art, photography, clothing, jewelry, food, bath and beauty products, quilts, knick-knacks, and toys. 

Basically, its a website for crafters & artist, maker, inventor -  to show off their creativity and sell their creations. 
Before setting it up, I asked from a friend's opinion, Aya. She is a well-known crafter. Far more experience than me.  I set my art online store step by step. Familiarize with the content first. What should I do? What should I write? 

What has exactly happened that triggered me to set up my online Art Gallery? Well, I did say that one of my 2019 goals is aimed for continuous improvement and look forward to new opportunities to expand my skill set and artworks. Not long after that, an old friend texted me. Her name is Suzy. She said that she wanted to buy my artworks. Was that a sign from Allah? Yes, definitely. 

She bought these. 

Walking in Spiral (left), Mr.T Morning walk (middle), Seashells at the Seashore (right)

These were my 1st three abstract and mixed media painting works. I used seashells to decorate my canvas. Each one of them got its own story. 

Seashells at the Seashore was the 1st painting I have done AFTER I signed up for brushstrokes online course. Pretty sure that was my testing to apply techniques I learned officially form Jill Poyerd. 

Mr. T Morning Walk. 

I always want to learn spray paint. But in order to learn that, I bought a few items such as respirator mask and two bottles of spray paints. Blue and Clear. Enough for me to test first.

I bought the respirator mask from Shopee for RM28. 

26/12/2018. I can not remember the actual price, but I think around RM15 per bottle. I get them from the hardware store. I love how the blue color turned up on the canvas.  

How I made it. 

At first, it was not my plan that the turtle existed in that painting.  My intention was like this.

My first plan

But when I did the seashell's arrangement, suddenly the idea was popped into my mind. Why don't I combine animal painting with seashells? See how the outcome. 




The final result was pretty amazing, right? 



Walking in Spiral was a special request from my client. She wanted something like Seashells at the Seashore. But I have something better. How did I get the idea? It is inspired by a snail and a song titled with "Walking on Tightrope" 


As usual, I planned the arrangement first.

Using the Impasto technique, I painted the background.

Note: Impasto - Paint is laid on an area of the surface in very thick layers. By using brush/painting-knife, the strokes are visible & add a strong expressiveness to the painting. As result, the viewers notice the texture, strength, and speed of the applied paint.


At first, I felt afraid to use this technique. While I carefully stroke my knife on to the canvas, I slowly gained my confident and just paint. Then, my next step - rearranged. This is where the idea of "BIG SNAIL" came in. I suggested to myself, 'How about I build one huge snail out of these seashells.'

' Oo sa. Pa kata polah cam upa siput?' 

And I did. after few hours done the paintings, here where I have to think of the title. I was listening to "Walking The Tightrope" from the movie "The Greatest Showman". At first, I want to name it "The Spiral" or "Uzumaki". The sound was not quite right to me until I heard this: Well, it's all an adventure, That comes with a breathtaking view, Walking the tightrope~

'Walking the tightrope? Walking in round? Walking in Spiral? That's it. WALKING IN SPIRAL!' 

The final result

Well, I think its enough for now. I am pretty tired right now. From time to time, I will take my time to write again. Its 12.00 am. I shud stop and go to sleep. Assalamualaikum and good night. 


© 2019 Cha Niki









Comments

Popular Posts